need to know
MEMBERSHIP AND ACCOUNT AGREEMENT – Download the full Membership and Account Agreement PDF
This Agreement covers your rights and responsibilities concerning your accounts and the rights and responsibilities of the Credit Union providing this Agreement (Credit Union). In this Agreement, the words “you,” “your,” and “yours” mean anyone who signs an Account Card, Account Change Card, or any other account opening document (Account Card), or for whom membership and/or service requests are approved through the Credit Union’s online application and authentication process. The words “we,” “us,” and “our” mean the Credit Union. The word “account” means any one or more share or deposit accounts you have with the Credit Union.
Your account type(s) and ownership features are designated by you on your Account Card or through the Credit Union’s online application and authentication process. By signing an Account Card or authenticating your request, each of you, jointly and severally, agree to the terms and conditions in this Agreement, and any Account Card, Funds Availability Policy Disclosure, Truth-in-Savings Disclosure, Electronic Fund Transfers Agreement and Disclosure, Privacy Disclosure, or Account Receipt accompanying this Agreement, the Credit Union Bylaws or Code of Regulations (Bylaws), Credit Union policies, and any amendments made to these documents from time to time that collectively govern your membership, accounts and services.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT – To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, if applicable, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
FUNDS AVAILABILITY POLICY DISCLOSURE – Download as a PDF
This Disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at Community First Fund Federal Credit Union. It only applies to the availability of funds in transaction accounts. The Credit Union reserves the right to delay the availability of funds deposited to accounts that are not transaction accounts for periods longer than those disclosed in this policy. Please ask us if you have a question about which accounts are affected by this policy.
1. GENERAL POLICY — Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 3:00 p.m. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after our cutoff hour or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
2. RESERVATION OF RIGHT TO HOLD — In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $225.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the same business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the next business day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
3. HOLDS ON OTHER FUNDS — If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it. If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this Disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
4. LONGER DELAYS MAY APPLY — We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525.00 on any one (1) day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
5. SPECIAL RULES FOR NEW ACCOUNTS — If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open. Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525.00 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the next business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,525.00 will be available on the seventh business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,525.00 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the third business day after the day of your deposit
6. CASH WITHDRAWAL LIMITATION — We place certain limitations on withdrawals in cash. In general, $225.00 of a deposit is available for withdrawal in cash by the first business day after the day of deposit. In addition, a total of $450.00 of other funds becoming available on a given day will be available for withdrawal in cash at or after 4:00 p.m. that day. Any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal in cash by the following business day.
CLICK ANY OF THE LINKS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THESE DISCLOSURE DOCUMENTS
Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure
Truth-in-Savings Disclosure – Share Certificates
Truth-in-Savings Disclosure – Savings
Community First Fund Credit Union offers both Secured and Unsecured Personal Loans. Giving you the freedom to live your dreams!
Our easiest spending account. Built for everyone. Especially YOU. No minimum balance, no fees, and no problems with our Personal Checking Account.
The foundation to your Community First Fund Credit Union membership. With a low minimum balance and competitive interest rates, it's a first step on the path to financial wellness.
Community First Fund Credit Union offers a Business Checking Account with no minimum balance, no fees… and no stress! It's the perfect business banking solution.
Community First Fund Credit Union offers Small Business Loans to help accelerate your growth. We'll help you reach your goals!
Open your account
You can open your account online at any time! Or stop by our branch and we will help get you started in person.